- They slam popular people.
- They have a 2-3 column format to maximize advertising real estate.
- They are written in an extremely similar style; lots of short sentences and bullet points.
- They all provide ample coverage of Lindsay Lohan's breasts.
- They all brandish public displays of popularity via their sitemeter icons.
With such rich, free writing on the web (my recent favs: Yankee Pot Roast, Maisonneuve and Black Table), it's amazing these Gawker things have done so well.
Oh - the other reason Nick won't care about this criticism - he's busy trying to launch a
Olsen twins? Help is on the way.