Bringing an element of “star power” to the announcement, Eddie George, former running back for the Ohio State Buckeyes and winner of the Heisman Trophy, revealed plans for Eddie George’s Grille 27, a sports-theme restaurant which will open in a prominent High Street location at the north end of Gateway.Aside from Panera, some pretty interesting and not-too-common offerings. Gateway's opening around Fall of this year!
The other tenants include:
- The Skye Bar, a locally owned and operated entertainment venue of more than 10,000 square feet, is being developed by Tom Selvaggio and David Allsbrooks, owners of The Frog Bear & Wild Boar Bar in the Arena District. This second-floor venue will include DJs and a dance-oriented format, as well as live music events, an 80-foot bar and “sky box” private party rooms overlooking the stage and dance floor and a private VIP room.
- Ugly Tuna Saloona, “fresh fish ugly owners,” is an ultra-casual, old-style Florida seafood grill being developed by the owners of Adobe Gila’s of Easton. Ugly Tuna, which will be in second-floor space, will feature fresh fish and cool cocktails with entertainment seven nights a week.
- Pesto Creative Italian Bistro, a quick-casual Italian restaurant featuring fresh, made-to-order pastas, pizzas, salads and gelato. Pesto will launch its flagship location at South Campus Gateway and will be owned and operated by Lee Shadle, who will be graduating next month with a bachelor of science degree in marketing from Ohio State’s Fisher College of Business.
- Mad Mex brings its award-winning combination of fresh Cal-Mex menu and funky, fun bar to Ohio. The Big Burrito Restaurant Group, based in Pittsburgh, operates the existing six Mad Mex restaurants in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and State College.
- Lave, a unique, locally owned and operated store, will feature fresh, handmade natural bath products. The store is being developed by Columbus entrepreneur Lisa Karst.
- A full-service Greek restaurant is being developed by Mohamed Hassan and Gihan Zalat. They currently own and operate The Happy Greek, an award-winning restaurant on High Street in the Short North.
- Potbelly Sandwich Works is a quirky sandwich joint serving up crispy, hot sandwiches, hand-dipped shakes and live local music.
- Panera Bread, a bakery-cafe featuring artisan and sourdough breads, soups, sandwiches and salads, is owned and operated locally by Breads of the World, L.C.C.
- The Finish Line, Inc., one of the nation’s leading athletic specialty retailers, offering the best selection of footwear, apparel and accessories for men, women and kids, will open one of its first college-town stores at Gateway.
May 4, 2005
Gateway Update: Retailers
I'm on Steve's (of Campus Partners) email list and just received an update of the retailers signed up for the Gateway Project: