This morning, I'm off to Boston on family matters without the kid and wife. Makes me a bit sad, but it's for good cause. Traveling without the kid, I decided to take some crucial things to pass time in airports. Here are my unnecessary time-wasters.
1. Twinkie, Deconstructed, I might get to finish it, I'm on the fascinating leavening chapter.
2. A downloaded copy of this week's Sound Money, the best finance show on the web.
3. A K-type thermocouple with a stainless steel probe and yellow coil of wires and the USB datalogger itself, in case I have to measure a series of temperature data between -60 and 1900°F.
4. Some software I've been meaning to install.
5. My trusty 2.0 pixel Canon A20; it is a huge 6 year old relic. I love it though.
The title of the post? See item #3? I placed this in the outermost pocket of my scanned bag. A yellow coily wire and it never raised an eyebrow. I am in awe. I still have to endure the BOS check in on the other side. Should be interesting.