1. Be fully committed.
3. Don't steal.
4. Always be on time.
5. Never make excuses or blame others.
6. Never call in sick.
7. Lazy, sloppy and slow are bad.
8. Be prepared to witness every variety of human folly and injustice.
9. Assume the worst. About everybody. But don't let this poisoned outlook affect your job performance.
10. Try not to lie.
11. Avoid restaurants where the owner's name is over the door.
12. Think about that résumé!
14. Have a sense of humor about things. You'll need it.
Bourdain's my idol this week.